About Us / Mission Statement
WNTI.ORG is an internet radio station for Centenary University students and the greater Hackettstown community, with listeners all around the world.
As the Sound of Centenary, WNTI.ORG supports student participation and learning in a collaborative atmosphere that celebrates Centenary University, regional arts and culture, community service and outreach. As WNTI.ORG evolves, it will feature music, news, talk shows, sports and events from on and off campus. Students will be trained as DJs, news and sports reporters, talk show hosts, website editors, producers and engineers.
They will partner with station staff, University faculty, alumni and community volunteers to produce programs of interest to local and global listeners. WNTI is operated by Centenary University and first went on the air December 8, 1958 as an FM station on 91.9FM. Today, the station is heard exclusively online at WNTI.ORG from its studios in the David and Carol Lackland Center on the campus of Centenary University in Hackettstown, NJ.
WNTI.ORG operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
It is the mission of WNTI.ORG to advance the broadest educational goals of Centenary University through the operation of a full service, professional internet radio station that encourages its audience to pursue a quest for lifelong learning.
To carry out its mission, WNTI.ORG will serve listeners by:
- Broadcasting distinctive programming that will inform, enlighten, inspire and entertain audiences from diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Providing programming to listeners interested in contemporary society that is anchored in popular music, art and culture and the traditions that have inspired them.
- Distributing programming in a non-commercial setting through traditional radio technologies and through electronic media such the Internet and direct broadcast satellite.
- Maintaining financial independence, attracting necessary financial resources from listeners and organizations that value WNTI.ORG’s programming.
- Maintaining a creative, knowledgeable and talented staff that will provide quality programming, attracting necessary financial resources and using them judiciously, and gathering information and knowledge resulting from a relationship with our listeners.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website.
These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies.